This roadmap is a collection of feature goals for the v1.0 release of Alloy Framework. Some of them are actively being worked on, and some of them have only begun to be considered or thought about.
As a result, Alloy needs a good way of packaging up all these items into a distributable package file. A single “extensions” folder above the web root may solve the “placement” issue, but additional changes will be required to the way Plugins are loaded (paths and names) and view helpers like the Asset helper to allow linking within a module package folder instead of the primary “assets” folder in www.
New “Tasks” system will be a completely new feature set for Alloy. Essentially, Tasks will be the primary way to run CLI scripts and background processes. Users will still be able to run controller actions from the CLI via routes, so this is not a replacement for that ability, but instead will super-cede it in precedence.
- New “Tasks” type, similar to how Module controllers are structured, but dedicated to running CLI tasks and never web-accessible
- New top-level directory named “script” for run scripts
CLI runner script named alloy for running tasks and performing other CLI operations
Possible syntax: “php script/alloy task
Extensible setup that would allow other custom-named actions
- Example: “php script/alloy migrate -r 153”
Example: “php script/alloy plugin install
Template: “php script/alloy
- Possible syntax: “php script/alloy task
- Could be offered as a plugin so it is not in core for those who do not need it